So you’ve taken the Spatial Model Editor that has been part of ERDAS IMAGINE, and incorporated it into GeoMedia Desktop. What exactly does this do and how is it different from the queries you are used to building and running in GeoMedia?
Well, the functionality is similar to the GeoMedia “query pipelines,” but in addition the new Spatial Model Editor utility lets you:
- Create, edit, and run spatial models in a robust environment
- Author visually, by using a drag-and-drop interface
- Compose a complex spatial model by “stringing together” operators
- Use conditional statements (IF, THEN, ELSE) in your models
- Create parameterized queries that let you alter some parameters at runtime
- Preview a model before running it and find and fix any errors ahead of time
The spatial operators that are being developed for GeoMedia are based on GeoMedia analysis tools and other geoprocessing capabilities, as illustrated above with the Hotspot Detection model. In addition, GeoMedia Desktop is delivering all of the spatial operators that have been developed for ERDAS IMAGINE.
With the addition of Spatial Model Editor, you get even more options for performing your analysis!
A few of the many other new features for 2016:
- The convenience of the new Explorer window has been added to provide a hierarchical visual representation of various objects in the GeoWorkspace such as Warehouse Connections, Feature Classes, Queries, and Categories. You can right click to display data in a map window or a data window.
- GeoMedia continues to evolve with the expanding geospatial industry, providing support for industry accepted data sources, including the latest versions of PostGIS, SQL Azure, and OCG Web Map Tile Service (WMTS). For mobile, GPS tracking now works with more GPS devices.
- The introduction of offline editing commands has been added to support outputting data from an Oracle or Oracle LTT enterprise warehouse to a portable offline database, where users can perform assorted editing tasks, and then post the offline data back to the enterprise warehouse.
- In terms of performance, dynamic labeling has been substantially improved.
The new Spatial Model Editor is just one of the many enhancements for the 2016 release. See the Product Release Details for a complete set of what is new for 2016! With this release, the former Release Notes, Issues Resolved, and System Requirements have been rolled into a single guide for easy access!
GeoMedia is a fully customizable and extensible product, providing GeoMedia Objects together with extensive developer documentation. The 2016 release expands on this tradition and unveils the new Hexagon Geospatial Community for knowledgebase and technical support, as well as the Hexagon Geospatial Developer Network that is specifically geared to developers.
Training for this product continues to abound, whether you prefer step-by-step hands-on tutorials with downloadable data sets that you gain experience within the product, or a 5-to-10-minute eTraining module that shows you how to perform a particular workflow or use a particular feature of the product.
For more information that includes brochures, case studies, technical documents, and tutorials, see the GeoMedia product page!