Maritime awareness is not a single thing. It’s a combination of activities, using data collection, analysis, and visualization to keep the earth’s oceans secure. Patterns in historic and real-time information are leveraged from satellite imagery, shipping databases, location reporting, and weather tracking systems to create a complete picture of what’s happening on the water as it’s happening, enabling coast guards, navies, and national organizations to do their jobs with maximum efficiency.
Hexagon continues to develop solutions for these purposes. The Xalt | Integration framework processes data for easy transfer and interoperability between systems. The M.App Enterprise and Luciad portfolios, meanwhile, are where data management, evaluation, and conceptualization can be streamlined. New capabilities are continually developed; 3D visualization, for example, improves projection in the pole regions of the globe, so that maritime authorities can better do their jobs even at the “ends of the earth.”
Hexagon’s goal is to regularly improve these offerings, using the newest and best technology to make seafaring as safe and lawful as possible. The future is full of exciting innovations that will help make our world a better place.
Missed some posts in the maritime awareness series? Catch up now!
- Why maritime awareness matters and how AIS works
- Detecting and interpreting anomalies in ship movement
- Technological solutions to enhance maritime awareness
- Creating intelligence to combat illicit activities on the seas
- The benefits of gaining maritime information dominance
- How AI counteractivities can assist enforcement agencies
- What’s the next step in the world of maritime awareness?
Want to learn even more about maritime awareness and how Hexagon is working to help officials better monitor and protect the world’s waterways? Visit our maritime industry page!