At HxGN LIVE 2016, we debuted the new Power Portfolio 2016, which included updates to all of our Product Suites. Here’s a look at what’s new in this year’s release of ImageStation® 2016 from the Producer Suite.
ImageStation enables digital photogrammetry production workflows, including project creation, orientation and triangulation from aerial and satellite imagery. It also provides stereo GIS- and CAD-based feature collection and editing, digital terrain model (DTM) collection and editing, digital surface model (DSM) generation, as well as orthomosaic production and editing. We specifically designed ImageStation for high-volume photogrammetry and production mapping customers who need to move large quantities of raw spatial information to an exploitable format.
Some of the highlights for the ImageStation 2016 release include the following:
- Still the highest throughput, highest volume, and most advanced end-to-end photogrammetric production solution with new 64-bit bundle adjustment in ImageStation Automatic Triangulation, 64-bit orthorectification in OrthoPro, 64-bit ImageStation Image Formatter, new blockwise processing option in ImageStation Automatic Elevations-Extended (ISAE-Ext), and much faster DTM merging in DTMQue.
- Generate surface files more easily for all your photogrammetric, mapping, and engineering workflows with the new GIS-based ImageStation DTM for GeoMedia; use it with ImageStation Stereo for GeoMedia (ISSG) and ISAE to collect and edit terrain data to generate surface files.
- Feature collection in stereo is even easier and more productive with improvements to GIS-based feature and DTM collection and editing in ISSG.
- Expanded format support including support for WorldView-3 and GeoEye-1 in ImageStation Satellite Triangulation, new option in DTMQue to export LAS or LAZ file to Hexagon Point Cloud (HPC) format, and new option in ISAE-Ext to add coordinate system information to LAS files. Added support for JPEG 2000 format in ImageStation Photogrammetric Manager > IKONOS/GeoEye tools.
- Works even better with ERDAS IMAGINE – Includes the 64-bit version of Spatial Modeler run-time environment for IMG format support in 64-bit ImageStation products and components. Improved Export to ImageStation command in ERDAS IMAGINE for aerial BLK files. Export to RPC command in ERDAS IMAGINE now writes RPC.txt files which can be used instead of NITF files for satellite data import into ImageStation.
To learn more about ImageStation, review the Product Release Details on our website.